This is a picture I took while crossing back to Seattle on a Ferry from one of the Islands we see off our deck.
- We are less than a mile from the nearest bus stop (136th & Ambaum) and the 120 takes you to downtown Seattle with no transfers. Half the trip is through townships and the other is on the freeway to 3rd and Pike which is 3 blocks from the famous Pikes Place Market. Parking is free. The trip takes 40 minutes and the schedule is above if you click on the link.
Lite Rail Transportation:
- A brand new Lite Rail Transportation system started in 2009 and is just four miles from here. The parking is free. This will take you through several townships along the way to downtown Seattle and ends up in a tunnel under the downtown bus stops and in the center of the shopping district a few blocks from Pikes Place Market.
- You can rent a car from the airport or you can sometimes get a better deal here in Burien from Enteprise Rental Car. If there is a big event going on downtown the cars at the airport will be expensive. There is also a higher tax rate at the airport. Enterprise will pick you up at Eagle's View and take you to your rental car. They are closed on the weekends and have normal business hours, so the airport may be your best choice.
Airport Taxi Service:
- Yellow Cab taxi service is available at the airport. Walk across the sky bridge (4th Floor) and take the escalator down to the 3rd floor and you will see the cabs there. Pick one that can handle your luggage - lots of the cabs are smaller now. The drive is only 5 miles and should cost about 20 dollars. Take our directions with you to make sure they drive a direct route. Most of them have a GPS so there should not be a problem.
- Click the link above to find where your ship is located. Most of the ships are either at Pier 66 or Pier 91. Pier 66 is located in the heart of downtown Seattle and you can walk to all the great tourist attractions. Pier 91 is located quite a bit to the north of the Seattle downtown area and there is nothing else there so you will need transportation to get to any attractions. If you want to take a taxi from Eagle's View to Pier 91 it will cost about 45 dollars. The taxi to Pier 66 is about 35 dollars.
Seattle Romantic Getaway | Burien WA Accommodations | Washington Bed and Breakfast | Burien Seatac Lodging | WA Romantic Bed and Breakfast | Seattle B&B Inns